Effective separation of oil and water is a critical factor in all oil and gas production.
SEEPEX progressive cavity pumps are ideally suited to this demanding and complex task:
- Gentle pumping with low shear forces and low speeds retain the size of oil droplets and prevent emulsification
- Process flow control valves and bypass lines are additional sources for creating shear; these can be eliminated as variable speed drives can be fitted: pump flow rate is directly related to pump speed
Some sample applications:
- BN/NS/N range pumps transfer produced water to hydrocyclones.
- BN/N/NS range pumps transfer separated oil to the upstream separator or water to induced gas flotation units.
- BE range of pumps transfer open and closed drains to upstream separators
- Fully submersible caisson pumps can be installed 30 m submerged inside a caisson to transfer drains to upstream separators
- BNA pumps on offshore platforms for corrosive / erosive liquid handling in high-alloy steel
SEEPEX pumps clearly show their advantages in all process steps:
- No emulsification
- Low shear
- Easy flow control
- Extremely low NPSHr figures e.g. 0.3 m
SEEPEX pumps take the oil/water separation process to the next level of efficiency, thus increasing the productions platform facility or FPSO's profitability.