Different variations of sugar in piles together

Sugar industry

Show Subnavigation

Sugar beets or sugar canes are converted into sugar after a long series of process steps. Before being thickened and crystallized, water is used to extract the sugar from the plant cells without chemical damage. More than 80 percent of the produced sugar is used in other processing industries for the production of confectionery, drinks and baked goods. The remaining 20 percent is further processed into a range of household sugar. 

Our Solution

SEEPEX progressive cavity pumps in standard design are used globally in almost all areas of the sugar industry, especially for pumping large quantities of raw materials and additives.

A few examples:

  • Wastewater treatment
  • Crystallization
  • Juice extraction
  • Juice purification
  • Juice thickening


SEEPEX pumps perform excellently in the sugar industry thanks to their special characteristics:

  • Gentle, low pulsation pumping
  • High metering accuracy
  • High operational safety
  • Excellent ease of maintenance