Understanding SEEPEX technology
Since SEEPEX’s founding in 1972, we have been bringing fully-developed innovative technology to the market. Our numerous progressive cavity pump patents prove our capability and our ability to make ALL THINGS FLOW.
We’re moving forward by continuously exploring new breakthroughs and focusing on theoretical research, product development and information technology. Sound interesting? Examine the basic principles behind our mechanics with us.
SEEPEX progressive cavity pumps belong to the group of rotary positive displacement pumps.
- Two conveying elements with special geometry
- off-center rotary motion
The geometry of rotor and stator forms enclosed cavities. The rotary movement of the rotor transfers the medium from the suction to the pressure side.
- Self priming, high suction lift
- High discharge pressures
- Flow almost independent of system pressures
- Direction of rotation reversible
- Continuous flow, low pulsation
ROTOR AND STATOR
SEEPEX rotors and stators meet the highest quality requirements and guarantee high efficiency. Less wear and good corrosion resistance minimize operating costs and ensure a long service life. They follow certain prerequisites: optimized surfaces, high-precision geometries, customizable materials, and application-specific sizing and coating.
- High surface grade
- Adapted materials
- High surface hardness
- Integrated seal
- Large range of materials
- High pressure stability
- Optimal efficiency due to optimized rotor surface
- Energy efficient due to reduced starting and operating torques
- Low emissions due to reduced surface roughness
- Long service life due to perfectly matched components
The SEEPEX tenet: we develop customized solutions for the various needs and requirements of our customers. That is why we also supply tailor-made rotor/stator geometries that are designed exactly for the required conveying capacity, pressure and conveying product.
SEEPEX 6L GEOMETRY
SEEPEX 6L geometry enables lower surface velocities with its small rotor diameter and longer pitch length while also extending surface life due to a larger sealing line.
SEEPEX CONVENTIONAL GEOMETRY
With smaller pitches and a compact design, the conventional SEEPEX geometry achieves high system pressures.
The SEEPEX tricam-geometry attains higher conveying capacities with the same pump length thanks to its higher number of helices. With the longer 6LT or the shorter 12T design, the SEEPEX benefits will be achieved at higher flow rates.
SEEPEX progressive cavity pumps are equipped with robust and easy-to-install pin joints. Hermetically sealed universal joint sleeves ensure a smooth operation, even at extreme temperatures or when handling abrasive products.
- Made of wear-resistant, hardened and easy-to-replace components
- Fastened with a retaining sleeve
- Completely filled with special grease
- Hermetically sealed with an elastic universal joint sleeve
- Variety of universal joint sleeve materials offered along with further options for trouble-free operation
- The universal joint sleeve offers effective protection against mechanical damage
- Quick and easy dismantling reduces service time and effort
- SEEPEX guarantees 10,000 operating hours on joints with the optional "universal joint protection" design