Anaerobic digestion is a proven process for breaking down organic substances and generating biogas. Advanced digestion using thermal hydrolysis intensifies sludge digestion by significantly improving decomposition. It generates higher biogas generation, a higher level of sterilization and the volume of sludge produced after dewatering is reduced; However, the thermal hydrolysis process changes the sludge properties, imposing significant requirements on the pump and materials.
SEEPEX develops tailor-made systems to meet the high demands in this type of process technology.
Some sample applications:
- BTHE range open hopper pumps mix dewatered sludge to feed a thermal hydrolysis system.
- BN range pumps convey hot sludge from the pulper to the hydrolysis reactor and digester.
- BTHE range open hopper pumps convey "class A sludge" that is in accordance with US directives on pathogenic kill.
SEEPEX pumps and control systems stand out with their many benefits:
- Elastomer resistant to hot thermal hydrolyzed sludge
- Transfers sludge with a high dry solids content or high viscosity over long distances
- Effectively mix dewatered sludge to the correct % ds content for further processing
- Conveys dewatered sludge in a completely closed system
Whenever a pump design needs to operate in extreme process conditions, SEEPEX is the right choice.