The hygiene and safety standards in the food and beverage industry have risen sharply in recent years. Pumps are used in almost all product processes and need to meet the increased requirements for:
- Gentle handling, cleaning, and sterilization
- Absolute hygiene in all processes
- Operational safety and ease of maintenance
Furthermore, it is also important to be able to compete with the growing global competition, to comply with the strict Product Liability Act, and meet the high demands of well-informed discerning consumers.
SEEPEX progressive cavity pumps from the product group CS meet the food and beverage industry’s requirements:
- Food pumps with CIP flushing connections (Clean In Place) allow residue- and bacteria-free cleaning.
- Food pumps designed for SIP (Sterilization In Place) allow sterilization with superheated steam during the cyclic operation of the pump.
Our food pumps meet the US 3-A Sanitary Standards requirements and are designed in accordance with the EHEDG and FDA guidelines.
We follow the guidelines for the hygienic design of pumps used in the production of hygienically and microbiologically clean food.