After sludge treatment, sludge volume is reduced by dewatering. Polymer is added and the free water removed by mechanical means such as belt presses, centrifuges, filter presses or other dewatering devices. A dry solids content of 18 – 45 % is achieved.
The physical characteristics of the sludge can vary significantly, it is therefore essential that the dewatered sludge handling system selected has the flexibility to handle these demands.
SEEPEX pumps, macerators and control systems play an important role in sewage sludge dewatering processes.
SEEPEX Smart Conveying Technology (SCT) has proven itself in numerous applications in the environmental industry. This intelligent, patented technology significantly improves whole life costs due ease of replacing parts and clearing blockages, as well as being able to restore pump efficiency due to an inbuilt stator retensioning device.
Some sample applications:
- BN range pumps fill dewatering systems.
- Extensive T range of pumps for conveying dewatered sludge.
- M range macerators eliminate rags and homogenize the sludge.
- Boundary layer injection systems to reduce pipework friction loss in order to optimize operational costs.
- Control systems to either enhance the feeding of dewatering devices or optimize the handling of dewatered sludge.
Watertreatment customers benefit particularly from SEEPEX's technology and our experts' knowledge:
- Decades of experience in conveying dewatered sludge, even over long distances
- Individual solutions available for an extremely wide range of processes
- Economical pumping solutions for handling dewatered sludge
SEEPEX specializes in handling highly-viscous, non-flowable products and finding an economical solution for the most challenging applications.