Food waste has a relatively high energy content, making it a valuable feedstock for bio-energy generation. Leftover food, dairy and slaughterhouse waste; fruit and vegetable waste; and grains or pulp can potentially enhance the yield of biogas processes. Decomposing or homogenized waste transported in a closed system are major requirements.
The specifically developed SEEPEX pumps and macerators meet these requirements:
- BTM range pumps with integrated cutterhead unit: cut and convey in one process step, even products like whole fruits or poultry
- Macerators cut the waste into small sizes (homogenization)
- Reduced investment costs due to integrated cutterhead
- Higher process efficiency due to material disintegration and homogenization
- Prevents odors due to closed system processing
Cost effective, customized, efficient: SEEPEX pumps are ideal for converting food waste into energy.