Understanding SEEPEX technology
Since SEEPEX’s founding in 1972, we have been bringing fully-developed innovative technology to the market. Our numerous progressive cavity pump patents prove our capability and our ability to make ALL THINGS FLOW.
We’re moving forward by continuously exploring new breakthroughs and focusing on theoretical research, product development and information technology. Sound interesting? Examine the basic principles behind our mechanics with us.
SEEPEX progressive cavity pumps belong to the group of rotary positive displacement pumps.
- Two conveying elements with special geometry
- Off-center rotary motion
The geometry of rotor and stator forms enclosed cavities. The rotary movement of the rotor transfers the medium from the suction to the pressure side.
- Self priming, high suction lift
- High discharge pressures
- Flow almost independent of system pressures
- Direction of rotation reversible
- Continuous flow, low pulsation
ROTOR AND STATOR
SEEPEX rotors and stators meet the highest quality requirements and guarantee high efficiency. Less wear and good corrosion resistance minimize operating costs and ensure a long service life. They follow certain prerequisites: optimized surfaces, high-precision geometries, customizable materials, and application-specific sizing and coating.
- High surface grade
- Adapted materials
- High surface hardness
- Integrated seal
- Large range of materials
- High pressure stability
- Optimal efficiency due to optimized rotor surface
- Energy efficient due to reduced starting and operating torques
- Low emissions due to reduced surface roughness
- Long service life due to perfectly matched components
The SEEPEX tenet: we develop customized solutions for the various needs and requirements of our customers. That is why we also supply tailor-made rotor/stator geometries that are designed exactly for the required conveying capacity, pressure and conveying product.
SEEPEX 6L GEOMETRY
SEEPEX 6L geometry enables lower surface velocities with its small rotor diameter and longer pitch length while also extending surface life due to a larger sealing line.
SEEPEX CONVENTIONAL GEOMETRY
With smaller pitches and a compact design, the conventional SEEPEX geometry achieves high system pressures.
The SEEPEX tricam-geometry attains higher conveying capacities with the same pump length thanks to its higher number of helices. With the longer 6LT or the shorter 12T design, the SEEPEX benefits will be achieved at higher flow rates.
SEEPEX progressive cavity pumps are equipped with robust and easy-to-install pin joints. Hermetically sealed universal joint sleeves ensure a smooth operation, even at extreme temperatures or when handling abrasive products.
- Made of wear-resistant, hardened and easy-to-replace components
- Fastened with a retaining sleeve
- Completely filled with special grease
- Hermetically sealed with an elastic universal joint sleeve
- Variety of universal joint sleeve materials offered along with further options for trouble-free operation
- The universal joint sleeve offers effective protection against mechanical damage
- Quick and easy dismantling reduces service time and effort
- SEEPEX guarantees 10,000 operating hours on joints with the optional "universal joint protection" design
Smart Seal Housing
Smart Seal Housing (SSH) is the latest development of Smart Conveying Technology (SCT). This technical innovation provides the quickest and simplest maintenance, enabling the mechanical seal to be changed without the need to remove the pipework or suction casing.
Traditionally, when mechanical seals need replacing, the pipe work and pump suction casing have to be removed to gain access to the seal housing. This is a time consuming process, which has now been minimized with Smart Seal Housing (SSH).
Smart Seal Housing (SSH) is available as an option for Smart Conveying Technology (SCT) pumps.
- Split seal housing
- Enables removal of stationary seat through lantern for full seal replacement
- Can be retro-fitted on existing pump or supplied as option on new pump
- Suitable for standard single acting mechanical seals
- Patent pending
- Suction casing and suction pipe do not have to be dismantled
- Reduced ‘down time’ to change the mechanical seal
- Ease of fitting mechanical seal stationary seat
- Easy access to the drive- and stator-sided joint
- Reduced maintenance costs
DRIVE JOINT ACCESS
Drive Joint Access (DJA) is an intelligent maintenance concept for open hopper pumps of the series BTVE (with solid auger screw) and BTHE (with ribbon auger screw).
The patented solution allows easy access to the drive-side joint. A detachable joint casing between the pump hopper and lantern mounted on rollers allows quick access. Mechanical seal, plug-in shaft and drive can be installed or removed within a few minutes, without removing the pump hopper, the auger feed screw or the rotor-side joint. Drainage plugs allow easy cleaning.
- Patented solution
- Detachable joint casing between feed hopper and lantern
- Maintenance with standard tools
- Flush ports for easy cleaning
- Maintain in Place
- No removal of pipe, equipment, installation of heavy lifting and transportation Equipment
- Significanct reduced maintenance cost
- No stripping down of rotor/stator, auger, hopper
- Preventive maintenance
- Regular, easy and quick inspection to check on joint & seal
- Increased uptime
- Scheduled, easy inspection and maintenance of drive side parts to secure trouble free operations
- Simplified cleaning through flushing holes in the intermediate element